Federal Employee Unemployment Compensation

Based on wages earned, federal government employees may qualify for unemployment compensation. State law guides how the Virginia Employment Commission computes and pays unemployment compensation for federal employees (UCFE). When you file your UCFE claim, be sure to provide proof of employment, separation documents, and wage records. Report any federal employment during the base period when filing.